WHY DOHNE MERINOS?
BENEFITS FOR COMMERCIAL BREEDERS PURCHASING DOHNES
THE EASY-CARE MERINO – Sustainable and Profitable!
- Well balanced dual-purpose merino
- Naturally polled, plain bodied, well muscled frame with non-mulesed breech
- Reproduction- ease of lambing and excellent maternal ability – high fertility with weaning rates of 110-150%
- Highly efficient meat producer with rapid maturing lambs. Growth rates of 350gms/day up to weaning.
At 6mths can easily achieve 50kg marketing weight
- Ideal alternative to traditional First Cross sheep, with the advantage of premium wool
- Dohne ewes produce 5-6kg high quality 18-22 micron wool
- No threat of contamination to current merino wool production
- Self replacing easy care flock that adapts well to environmental and climatic conditions
- Non selective grazers that do well on low quality pastures